Online Marketing and Web Design Blog
7 Tips for Creating a Facebook Business Page with the New Timeline Layout
7 Tips for Facebook Business Pages' New Layout
Follow these guidelines to create an effective and visually-appealing Facebook page for your company
On March 30th, all Facebook business pages will switch to the new timeline format. Facebook’s new layout is a positive change that will allow for more customization in the future. Many brands have already embraced the new features and introduced their improved pages, but if you haven’t, here are 7 tips to keep in mind, as well as this Facebook Timeline Adobe Photoshop template provided by the fine folks over at designfiles.net!
2. Create a profile photo: The profile photo is a small image of 180x180 pixels that is on top of the cover photo. You can use your logo or business name as a profile photo.
3. Upload photos: There are four tabs available under your cover photo. The first tab is the photos tab, which is locked into that slot. If there are no photos on your company’s Facebook page, now would be a good time to upload some.
4. Add milestones:Facebook brand pages now have milestones, like personal pages. Include milestones that are important to your customers and brand.
5. Pin important posts and offers: When you post something important on your Facebook page, you can "pin” it to the top of your page, so it won’t be displaced when you upload new photos or post updates. Pinned posts have a ribbon in the upper right corner. Just keep in mind that you can only pin something for 7 days. After that, it moves back into its place in the timeline.
6. Choose your vanity URL wisely:If your business doesn’t have a Facebook page yet, be sure to choose the name of your page wisely. Once you have more than 100 fans, you won’t be able to change the name.
7. Build your audience: When all of the elements of your new Facebook page are finally in place, don’t forget to promote it with the "Build Audience” link at the top of your page.
Need Help Designing Your Company’s New Facebook Page?
efelle media is a full-service web design & development company based in Seattle that offers a wide range of social media marketing services. If you need a new Facebook page designed using the timeline format, hire our talented design and marketing team to get the job done. We’ll create a compelling Facebook page that amplifies your brand and boosts "likes” and traffic. Call 206.384.4909 or fill out our fancy online contact form to talk to an online marketing consultant!
OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING POSTS:
Added on 03/28/2012
Tagssocial media, facebook for business
Filed UnderOnline Marketing, Social Media by Online Marketing and Web Design Blog
|Click to register|